Advanced Development Research Engineer, Electrical
Solid Waste & Recycling
The Advanced Development Research Engineer, Electrical will research, design and test electrical systems for on-highway vocational mobile equipment. Work with suppliers to make electrical system component selections. This Engineer will research, develop and maintain programs for electrical system controllers and assist production with electrical system diagnostics. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform job functions and is expected to work with minimal direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Design and detail electrical circuits and select components to meet customer expectations.
- Support multiple Product Development engineering teams.
- Cascade system level customer requirements to electrical specifications and requirements.
- Take conceptual designs through supplier sourcing, design development, product validation, manufacturability, and product launch.
- Upgrade existing designs to meet current requirements, improving reliability and reducing cost when possible.
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component, subsystem, and system level.
- Assist in the development of project plans, timelines, deliverables and quality plans.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers, distributors and salespersons.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 15% of time; work over time and weekends on an as needed basis.
- Research new software and hardware for refuse vehicles.
- Directly involved with testing and validating new software and hardware.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum of three to five years of directly related experience.
- Desired Software skill sets are: Microsoft Office; PRO-E or other 3D modeling software