Application Systems Specialist
Solid Waste and Recycling
JOB TITLE: APPLICATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
LOCATION: CHATTANOOGA, TN
The Application Systems Specialist will leverage technology solutions to connect applications and data across the business. This role will employ a holistic approach to application solutions to improve data integrity and processes through automation, error handling, and interfaces.
The candidate will be responsible for designing and consolidating data warehouses, performing advanced queries and analytics, interfacing related applications, and automating application tasks. This team member will provide technical documentation for solutions and communicate with business analysts to implement functional requirements.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, requirements analysis and problem-solving skills are required. This position requires a self-motivated individual with an interest in learning about a wide range of applications.
Systems currently used include JDEdwards Enterprise One, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, DSI automated data collection, Salesforce.com (SFDC), NetSuite, Configure One CPQ, SharePoint, Windchill PLM, SigmaNest, Hyperion, Track-It!, MS SQL Server, MS Office, and Outlook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Must be proficient in problem solving and trouble-shooting across a multitude of IT disciplines.
- Assists in building middleware solutions for integration as well as solutions for data extraction, transformation and loading.
- Works with analysts to determine appropriate platforms and solutions to meet requirements.
- Converts functional requirements to technical design.
- Designs data warehouses, relational databases and related reports and dashboards.
- Develops, tests, and delivers new and expanded interfaces utilizing sound project management procedures.
- Provides advanced level of technical support as needed.
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations that can improve efficiency of processes by leveraging technology.
- Need to collaborate with offshore development resources.
- Acquires knowledge of pre-built solutions through training and end user support to become technical expert.
- Additional responsibilities may include assistance in other areas such as desk side support and other day to day application support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- Familiarity with multiple ETL tools, web services, XML, and relational databases.
- Strong SQL and report writing/maintenance skills are required (T-SQL preferred).
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.