IT Support Analyst
Solid Waste and Recycling
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SUPPORT ANALYST
LOCATION: FORT PAYNE, AL
The IT Support Analyst will provide maintenance, support, and general troubleshooting for all IT supported applications. This role will encourage and develop a broad knowledge of application functions from both a technical and business perspective.
The candidate will be responsible for documenting support tasks and common issues, responding to end user queries, and managing application upgrades and deployments. A critical member of the applications team, this team member will work with the rest of the team to define best practices and identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in supported applications through root-cause analysis.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, requirements analysis and problem-solving skills are required. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong desire for collaboration and eagerness to learn.
Systems currently used include JDEdwards Enterprise One, SAP Business Objects, Netsuite, Crystal Reports, DSI automated data collection, Salesforce.com (SFDC), Configure One CPQ, SharePoint, Windchill PLM, SigmaNest, Hyperion, Track-It!, MS SQL Server, MS Office, and Outlook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assist in PC procurement, build and deployment.
- Assist in deskside support responsibilities both locally and remote.
- Must be proficient in problem solving and trouble-shooting across a multitude of IT disciplines including email, networking, AD, telecommunications, VPN support, general application support.
- Works with users to develop reporting and data solutions.
- Manages user account setup and modification across application landscape.
- Creates training manuals and documentation for common processes and solutions.
- Supports application upgrades and patches throughout the application lifecycle.
- Participates in after-hours/weekend on call rotation.
- Performs ticketing root cause analysis to drive down overall support tickets.
- Provides system monitoring and proactive notification of potential issues.
- Assists in internal application testing prior to UAT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of overall IT experience.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Strong SQL and report writing/maintenance skills are preferred.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control.
- Customer oriented with good communication skills.