Solid Waste & Recycling
Our client is looking for a high caliber individual to join our fast paced organization as a Quality / Process Engineer and to take a lead role in further enhancing the Quality Management System. The successful candidate will have a strong background in continuous improvement activities and possess a thorough background in ISO 9001:2008, Lean Enterprise and preferably some Six Sigma experience. The candidate must have strong analytical skills to further develop the data capture system and be well versed in root cause analysis and be able to further develop corrective and preventative actions and feedback communication throughout the entire organization. Must be experienced in continuous improvement activities such as Kaizen events, 5S, Kanban, value stream and process mapping. Experience in a Six Sigma environment with multiple successful projects completed in both manufacturing and transactional processes. Previous experience in creating and developing a sustainable Six Sigma Green Belt program would be advantageous. Must also be a practical hands on Engineer but also have a vision for the future state. Previous experience in a fabrication, paint, MIG welding, hydraulics, and electrical processes would be favorable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Play a lead role in the development and guide the continued execution of the Quality Management System.
- Work well with Team members with demonstrated leadership skills outside of the authority provided by the position.
- Manage the development, application, and results reporting of layered process audits.
- Manage the development and maintenance of inspection lists and inspection work instructions.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of inspections and make continuous improvement actions to target 100% effectiveness and reduced training requirements to execute.
- Play a lead role in the development and guide the continued execution of the Production System.
- Lead the development of fixtures, poke yoke tools, inspection equipment, and inspection methods to continuously improve process capabilities and PFMEA RPN scores.
- Create and manage control plans as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate conformance and improvements to ISO9001:2008.
- Conduct internal ISO 9001:2008 audits.
- Take a lead role in the development in Lean activities such as developing training and communication tools.
- Lead major and minor kaizen events and train colleagues to lead their own major and minor events.
- Conduct 5S + Safety audits and develop programs to improve safety record.
- Actively participate in Process Value Stream activities representing Quality.
- Using the Quality Management System data to prioritize and target improvement activities to reduce internal and external defects and increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Develop strong sustainable improvements to processes both manufacturing and transactional.
- Strong communication skills.
- Support the Supplier Quality Engineer in development of minimum lot sampled inspections, validation of new products or supplier processes, and supplier corrective actions as needed to protect production.
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 8 plus years’ experience in structured manufacturing environment. Strong practical skills in the use of ISO9001:2008, Continuous Improvement activities, and Lean principles. Thorough working knowledge of analytical software such as Minitab and IGrafix and the full complement of Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access. Experience with Pro-E, AutoCAD/Inventor, and/or other CAD or modeling software would be an advantage.
- Works under limited supervision while implementing clearly communicated corporate strategy and goals. Must work on own initiative and constantly support the company mission and effectively communicate to all, the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Exercises a moderate degree of judgment. Specific and general results as well as effectiveness of operation and administration are subject to supervisor examination and review. Questionable matters referred to supervisor for clarification, assistance, and/or intervention.